Tack on Everyone?
WTH: This game is a game that makes everyone more flexible in performing other combos that were created by other people. First, I start with 1 trick and post a vid of it. I post the breakdown of my 1 trick, and the next person in line has to make a vid with that trick+1 trick of their choice. Then, it keeps going until there is no more submitters after 1 day. After those 1 day, the last person that submitted a legit video, is crowned the winner and he/she starts the next round!
1. Video must be performed by you and the tricks in the combo must be distinguishable.
2. After 1 days, on the last day after midnight, the winner may submit his/her starting trick.
3. Anyone may submit a video.
4. NO OFF THE TOP TRICKS, THEY ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO RECREATE!!! (IE, TS 10.0, ect.)
6. You better have fun.
(COPIED from UPSB.info)EDIT BY CHIBEN:
I would just like to clarify some rules as well as add a few ones to make this game more accessible and enjoyable for our members.#1 PPSC Forum Time: Current time on my clock here in the Philippines does not match the times displayed on posts here in PPSC. What gives?
Our forum provider is not based in the Philippines, therefore it is using a different clock than the ones we have here. If you're going to convert the PPSC Forum Clock, just add +8:00 hours to it, the answer will be the current time and date here in the Philippines.#2 Deadline: The winner will be awarded once his trick remains uncontested ON MIDNIGHT OF THE NEXT DAY.
Let's say I posted a trick on Jan 1, 2014 9:00 am. Then I waited for the next day, January 2, 2014 9:00 am. Do I win? NO. You have to wait until MIDNIGHT OF JAN 2, 2014. If no one still submits a video after that, then I am now the round winner. Only then can I, the winner of the last tack on, start a new round. #3 Video Entry Validity: So I just posted a video to join the game. How do I know I did it right?
- Video must be CLEAR. By clear I don't mean HD quality videos. I meant NO OFFCAM AND/OR HIDDEN TRICKS
. The challenge of the game is to connect people's tricks in one combo. Having offcam and/or hidden combos may lead to debate whether or not the trick was executed properly. Keep the combo visible to the audience at all times.
- Video must contain the FULL NOTATION
of the previous entry plus the one trick
you are going to add to the chain. By FULL NOTATION
I mean the combo of the previous entry must be executed completely, trick by trick, NO MORE, NO LESS. Forgetting one trick or unintentionally adding tricks within the previous combo will lead to an INVALID ENTRY
- I posted a video entry. I uploaded on Youtube, then posted it here. But there's one problem. I noticed I did an extra trick not included in the notation or missed one trick needed (example being the one I just did on Tack on 6, wherein the trick says "Pinky Backaround rev 34-34 > Inverse Shadow 34-34" but I accidentally inserted a charge between the 1st and 2nd trick.)
. Can I take back my entry to film a new one? Yes, if certain conditions are met:
+ No one has posted a video yet to replace your invalid entry.
+ You can only replace your video ONCE ON THE SAME TRICK NUMBER
. If you mess up the entry twice or more on the SAME TRICK NUMBER, your entries for that trick number will all be INVALID
. Pass ka muna this trick number. You can try again once me nagpost na ulit ng valid entry. #4 Trick Validity: Not sure if the trick you want to add is allowed?
- Spin Tricks
that has been executed with more than 2 pen revolutions will always be counted as just a "2.0". If the trick was executed with a spin less than 2 revolutions, for example a halftap (which is technically a tap 0.5) or a MidBak 1.5, then you have to do EXACTLY that. On the other hand, for example I did a palm spin x10.0 on a video, for your entry to be considered valid, you only have to do ATLEAST 2 FULL SPINS, then proceed with the combo. The reasoning for this is that high amounts of spins are executable based on how much power your fingers can exert and how much momentum the pen has. To keep things fair, spins exceeding 2.0 will STAY AS 2.0.
- Continuous/Multiple Tricks
are pretty easy to explain. You're not allowed
to do multiple or conts in a single trick video
. Why you ask? Let's take the "Multiple Bust" as an example. Let's say I did twisted sonic then 3 busts. How will you notate it?
twisted sonic 23-12 > Fl Index Around (Bust) 12-12 x3 = WRONG
twisted sonic 23-12 > Fl Index Around (Bust) 12-12 > Fl Index Around (Bust) 12-12 Fl Index Around (Bust) 12-12 = CORRECT
As you can see Multiple/Continuous Tricks are actually the same trick done over and over again. It's not just one trick.
If you really want to include multiple busts then do an entry with one bust first, then hope that the next guy will link it to another bust.#5 Entry Format: Failure to follow the format will lead to an Invalid Entry
PPSC Tack On #(Round Number) Trick #(Trick Number)|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
-----> Youtube Video here|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Sonic 34-23 > Sonic 23-12 ------> Complete Notation used on the video above
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#6 Linking Tricks: Linking Tricks are pretty straight forward. Do 1st trick, add the 2nd trick immediately. Although there are some exceptions.
- Let's say you do a sonic 34-23. Then the next guy links it with a sonic 23-12. That's a basic link. Since the first trick ended with the pen on the 2 and 3 fingers, it is very simple for the next guy to do the next trick starting on the 2 and 3 finger locations. This is the easiest way to legitimately link tricks.
Although what if I do "Pinky Backaround rev 34-34" where is the pen located now for the next player? Between the 3 and 4 fingers. So that must mean his trick should start at 34 right? WRONG.
Try doing a "Pinky Backaround rev 34-34", the pen will land between the 3 and 4 fingers that's for certain. But you'll notice that majority of the pen is now hanging down. Theoretically, you could reach the other end
with your thumbflap and do a "Fl Extended TA tf-12". Since there was no official trick done
to take the pen to the "tf" spot it doesn't count for a trick. It was just a reach. It wasn't really a pass since the pen did not rotate
, you just let the other end hang down then clamped it down with your "tf". In short, "Pinky Backaround rev 34-34 > Fl Extended TA tf-12" is a viable link.#7 Mod Restrictions: No mod restrictions whatsoever.
- The length, weight and color of the mod does not matter. If you want to spin a freaking iron pillar or something crazy be my guest. Just make sure you execute official tricks
and that it doesn't interfere with the rules posted above and you're good to go.#8 Winning the Game: OMFG I JUST WON THE GAME. Now what?
- Go start a new round. Do any trick you want. You won. Now is the time to make your enemies suffer. (lol. jk.) If you want to do an extremely advance trick to end the game quickly then go ahead. You can also do easy tricks to increase the chance of making the tack on chain longer. If a winner has been awarded and the game has not been restarted within 24 hours of the awarding, any player may start the game.
You can keep records of wins/losses on your own. This is not a tournament with a prize
. The purpose of the Tack On game is to improve yourself, learn tricks and linkages other spinners are using. The challenge is to go out of your comfort zone to learn and adapt
Who knows you just might discover your next signature linkage by participating here diba? That is pretty much it as far as the rules go.
Now go, participate, and have fun!
If you made it here reading everything not missing a single word, I LOVE YOU.